Thursday, December 15, 2011

Under the Moon

We met on December thirteenth, 
And a short moment occurred between us where our eyes locked.
It was then that we knew,
When the stars shined so brightly,
Basking the snow in their glow,
We were meant for each other.

You were the star quarterback,
And I was the quiet, shy girl.
Two different types that were never supposed to mix.

Everyone foretold of our demise...
Our destined failure,
But we pressed on; a year in time.
The days went by,
And the two of us became inseparable.

There was just something about the season we met
That made everything alight with a new life.
The trees, though barren, seemed content,
While the snow glossed over the littlest things
To bestow them with a new shine.

But the winter nights were the most lively; the skies.
You and I were naturally drawn to the moon,
A bright ball of hope in the vast sky
Made even brighter by the winter air.
It was our future; it was our guardian.
It would always be our angel.

And it was under that very moon
Where our fingers intertwined, our lips locked.
Our Passion...
A burning sensation.
Fervent emotions molding together in a blend against the icy air.
Snow fell in light sprinkles onto our hats.

"Merry Christmas," you whispered into my ear softly
And I smiled.
You told me that everything would always be all right
As long as the nights carried on.

No one would know of our time spent,
Our moment shared,
Where we first kissed under the moon
On the twenty-fifth,
A perfect little evening.

And no one would care,
Except for our guardian of hope; our angel.

Our winter moon.

3 comments:

  1. so i was reading through these blogs and remembered you had this class 6th period, and so here i am reading your great poem!
    Honestly, it was amazing, so detailed and clear.
    that last line, "our winter moon" topped it all.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo~ Love your poem! I read it, even though you didn't want me to. >=D
    Darn it, Lexi, even our blog backgrounds are the same (same image, anyway).

    I'll let you ponder on my identity... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexi beautiful poem just beautiful the emotion sparked in my heart, my eyes linger over your poem and i say to myself what a wonderful talent your have. "Keep up the GREAT work"
    - Erwin Henry

    ReplyDelete